Friday, May 28, 2010

Country Mouse Couldn’t Get Out of Dodge Without….

Yesterday at Bearpaws and Hollyhocks the last thing I heard Lindy (Grand Dame) say was she would call me when they were leaving their home.  Her DH had volunteered to  be our chauffeur to and from the airport.  Well, she did call me before they picked me up but she was one block from my home.  Lucky for me I was packed and ready to go, but I did miss doing a tradition of mine, rolling my “luggage” down to the bottom of the drive way. Kim you will be happy to know I am traveling very light.  (We each packed our small suitcases inside of each of our large suitcase…..  I think we are going to be doing some shopping. :o)

Our fun began before we left Sacramento.  First off, we were in major lines just to go through security.  It was so busy that we had to scramble around to find empty bins to put out items into before they went through the scanner.  After disrobing etc. we made it through with out having to be pulled aside.  (That means that all the cutting notions that we took were not confiscated :o)

We headed to our gate to make sure all was well with our flight – it was, so we were in search for something to eat on the plane.  

Here is Lindy heading off singing to herself about walking down the river.  Well the tiles are to represent a river and you know Lindy…  I pretended I did not know her….

We bought a sandwich to split and then went on the hunt for chocolate for dessert.  Hey, we are on a sort of vacation so what the heck.  We scored – See’s!  Right across from the See’s Chocolatier is the Details Shop that features Brighton and we both looked at each other and thought we heard our names being called.  

We figured, “Why Not!” and since we had time to “comb” the store and what do you know we found something that we just had to have to make our trip a success.
These little purses were the best idea!  We both ended up buying one just a little different, so we would not mix them up.  Just enough room for our cell phones, cards, lip balm, stick of gum, pen and we were good to go.   You can see the writing on the wall - these two should not shop together....  Well, Kim is a bad influence on me too.....

We headed on back to our loading dock just in time to load her up.  Working our way through the plane and spotting our assigned seats, who should be sitting in the third seat with us – LAUREL ANDERSON!  

Laurel Anderson the author who is having a book released at Q Market, called Applique Workshop,  published by C&T.  Laurel Anderson, who has been a special guest teacher at Bearpaws and Hollyhocks and I have loved taking her classes!!!!  You can read all about her at  http://whispercolor.com

Well, I did tell you we had not made it out of Dodge without some fun.  In hind site it was only the beginning.

6 comments:

paulette said...

I can tell you two were up to no good the whole trip!! Can't wait to hear more...
Paulette

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to "the rest of the story."

Orcsmom said...

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!!

Hugs!


Pam

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Can't wait to hear more about your trip. :)

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You lucky lucky girls to get to go to Market!! And to meet a rock star, too? Way cool!

LOVE the purse. Perfect!

It was lovely to meet the two of you the other day in the shop. Thanks for retrieving Jean's MacDougal for her. She just had to have it....and I did not feel like fighting her for it. We both are owned by scotties and my little guy is Duhgall....so I have a real MacDougal to hug on.

:) Becky

quiltmom anna said...

I knew you would have a great time- I am sure you and Lindy spent a lot of the time laughing and carrying on.. Which one of you got into the most scrapes? Who had to get the other out of trouble? LOL I am sure you had one grand time looking at all that fabric and threads and felting and....
Great fabric you found for Kim- that was a nice find for a good friend - We all could wish for such lovely friends..
Looking forward to hearing about your adventures...
Those are the smallest purses that I have ever seen VBG
Hugs,
Anna