Friday, September 3, 2010

I am Flying in an Jet Plane

Top of the Mornin' to yaw!

Heading out to Colorado to have fun with Judith Baker Montano.  I am going to spend 5 full days with her and 5 other ladies who, like me, have waited a long time to study with her.  What is the class you ask?  It is basic crazy quilting.  

You should see the huge bag I have with her supply list needs.  I thought that I wrote through supply lists, well she wins.  At lunch yesterday with Kim, I was showing her some of the lists and she then of course had to tease me about my lists....  that Kim.


Yup, I needed a Kim fix before I left town and she suggested that we meet at the corner.....
No, we did not sit in the bar, we were in the respectable restaurant part and we laughed when we ordered the same thing.  It was a great sandwich and girl talk!
Speaking of Kim, she looks wonderful, still has her gorgeous new hair do and I think that her gentle life style change to eat healthy is starting to show in her face with a little weight loss.  Yea, Kim.  We of course had too short a time to be together before it was time to get her back to work.  Speaking of her work, she works in a very luxurious, large ground floor sprawling, high ceilings, nature type office.  What a wonderful environment to have to work in.  And I have heard that they are VERY happy to have her back.

On the way down to La Veta from Denver, I enjoyed shopping at the outlets in Castle Rock and a quilt shop in Colorado Springs called Ruth's Stitchery.
They boast a 7000 bolt of fabric shop and I thought hm-m-m I have to check it out.  Well, it was worth the stop (escaped with only spending $67.00) and managed to cause only a "mild" fiasco...

This is Beth, who works a Ruth's, and who just happens to have known Lindy for years and her mother lives near Marconi and Eastern in my city.  She and her mother know Bear Paws well and love it too.
So what is she doing on the floor with all those buttons?
Read on -
See up in the left hand corner of the picture... There was a little plastic case with tiny pull our plastic drawers.  No, I did not drop the case, but, I found the most precious brass acorn button and was thinking of Lindy and her love for all things acorn.  I turned the button over to check out the back and I dropped it.  It happened so fast (officer) I heard it drop into a bucket of buttons on the floor.  You know the sound of a button hitting other buttons from a distance.  (Come on - I know I am not the only one who plays with buttons and I know you know the sound...) Phew, I thought that was a close call, it has got to be right there in the bucket....

I looked immediately, didn't touch a thing, and could not see it.  Groan!  Well, Beth happened to come by and asked if I need help.  Hm-m-m that would be a yes (visualize me staring into the bucket, caboose in the air and not moving, not breathing either.

So, Beth comes up with lets just scoop some of the buttons in the bucket out onto the floor and look for the button that way.  By then I knew I was not going to find it by staring.  We went through the whole bucket that way and nada.  Other customers and staff happened by and offer to search (play) with the buttons, and pretty soon we had a bunch of women on the floor "looking" for the brass acorn button.  

We did however, find many very interesting buttons and even ones that "were not supposed to be in the buckets" because they were something or others and more expensive then the buttons in the buckets."  See there is a silver lining to my little adventure - I guess.

Needless to say they have my name and number it they should ever find the acorn button and I promised to stop there on my way back to Denver, just in case they find it.  I have never seen so many happy people wanting to "help", even to the point of taking off their shoes, and stretching out on the floor making themselves comfortable for the "job" at hand...

Button, Button who has the Acorn Button, eh!?

Tootles from La Veta 
Yes, I have been "chatty Kathy" because I am so ready to go meet the group and Judith and thought this sharing  I would settle my nerves a bit.  And it did  - thanks for listening.





4 comments:

Kelly Ann said...

first of all..."wink" on sitting in the bar...yep we all know you and Kim and your Thelma and Louise moments. second..time to get on facebook...just sayin'....

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

LOL!! I loved the pictures of the button seekers. Have a great time in your class.

paulette said...

Sounds to me like someone has a loose button...:oD
Have fun on your Crazy Quilt escapade!! You are going to have a blast!!
Paulette

Robin said...

Well, that's better than I would have done, which is probably drop the drawer thingie, breaking it AND scattering buttons everywhere! I sent the lid to a ceramic cookie jar flying at a craft fair once...turned too fast and my backpack hit it. They would not let me pay for it, which was worse than having to pay, LOL!